Pages

14.4.10

All The Pretty Visitors Came And Waved Their Arms And Cast The Shadow Of A Snakepit On The Wall.

I woke up alarmed
I didn't know where
 I was at first
Just that I woke up
in your arms
And almost immediately
I felt sorry.

'Cause I didn't think
this would happen again.
No matter what I could
do or say.
Just that I didn't think
this would happen again.
With or without my best intentions.

And what ever happened to a boyfriend?
The kind of guy who tries to win you over.
And what ever happened to a boyfriend?
The kind of guy who makes love cause he's in it.

I want a boyfriend.
I want all that stupid old shit
Like letters and sodas


You got up out of bed.
You said you had a lot of work to do,
But I heard the rest in your head.
And almost immediately I felt sorry.
I can feel it in my bones;
I'm gonna spend another year alone.

It's fuck and run,
Fuck and run.
Even when I was seventeen.
Fuck and run,
Fuck and run.
Even when I was twelve.


You almost felt bad.
You said that I should call you up but
I knew much better than that.
And almost immediately I felt sorry.

And I can feel it in my bones;
I'm gonna spend my whole life alone!

`I should probably stop listening to this song.
I relate way too much.
But it makes me think of my very best friend.
If I could find a way
to fly to you right now,
I would in a snap.

`I threw you out of my life tonight.
It was hard.
But it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment