Pages

16.11.11

I need everyone who ever reads this blog on any sort of basis to know something: I really don't want to personally hear your opinions on my writing or where you think my mental state lies. I often think of one of the greatest concepts I learned from my high school theatre teacher. After our class wrote and performed a play for an audience, we had to listen to all the criticisms and praises from everyone who watched. And that teacher reminded us that it never mattered what they thought because it wasn't for them. When the Greeks created theatre, they made it for the gods. Certainly they had audiences who came in human form, but the performances were never for them. It didn't matter what the people thought of their acting, or their sets, or their writing. None of it was theirs to have an opinion on. And that's just what my blog is. It's only my freedom to write here and only your freedom to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment