Pages

2.3.12

Your love's not what I need, so don't give it to me.

I finally think I've pulled myself out of a really bad mental slump. Regardless of whether I completely have or not, I'm gonna write a list of things that I have to look forward to in my life. No crappy metaphors, just genuine occurrences that will make me glad I'm alive. To you, this may seem really contrived but it needs to be here.


  • I have nice skin, a decent bone structure and a pleasant colour in my eyes. I'm not ugly now and I won't be if I take care of myself. I could get to be perfect if I wanted to and it wouldn't take too long. 
  • I'm smart. I have a wealth of knowledge that is usable to become whatever I want. It's okay that I'm not where I want to be right now. All I really have is time. But I must not waste it. There's a lot I want to do and these things don't need to be done in any specific arrangement. I need to just get them done any way I can and any way that feels right to me.
  • I can move where I like. In no time, I'll be back in Calgary. I'll save my money, learn something new, and get to travel like I always wanted. If I can live through one more year, I can do it.
  • I might be a little lonely right now, but I can always work and improve my social behaviour with time. I don't feel like going out every day and meeting new friends and that's okay. It's better to have some friends who will stay forever than too many to forget. It's fewer people to leave behind anyway.
  • Despicable Me 2 is coming out in 2013. I need to see it.
  • In May, I get to see two of my favourite bands from the floor with one of my greatest friends.
  • In April, I get to see Sleigh Bells. The last time I saw them was at Sasquatch, and I was on M that a guy I liked gave me. If I could recreate the experience anywhere close to the original, anything that could happen to me up to that point would be worth it.
  • I can play guitar pretty half decent when I take the time to learn on it. 
  • I can learn songs on piano pretty quickly too.
  • There's always going to be great new music to listen to. All I have to do is find it.
  • Summer in Vancouver is coming. It will be grand and I'll be happy everyday.
  • I am most certainly capable of doing great things.
  • My mum is taking me to Grand Cayman where I'll celebrate my birthday and I'll get to see Houston in the summer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment