Pages

3.11.10

More worthwhile realizations, hurray!
So I'm always contemplating happiness and sadness 
and how to lead a life with more of the former than the latter.


Well, there's all these pieces of me that I am naturally inclined to satisfy.
But they all react differently to my decisions.
Things that find me joy right now, could depress me later.
Immediate pleasures are poison.
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
I must look at the ways my choices affect not only my present state, but how they affect my confidence.


It's why there's heroin addicts.
It's why people would rather party than work on the weekends.
It's why people get drunk and couples break up and get back together.
It's easier to be weak when strength is always possible.
Though the thing about moments of weakness is they only offer moments of happiness.
Slivers of light in a dark cave.
But when the light goes out, the cave ends up darker than before.
So light your own candle and fuel your own fire.
What feels good on the outside could be slaying your spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment