Pages

6.5.11

Now We Just Translate

So I haven't updated in a while. My blog is mostly sad and I've been mostly happy lately, so yea, not much to write about. On the other hand, I hate admitting my emotions to myself so I've avoided updating here when I am upset. I've decided to write about happy things so I can keep track of my improvements and passions instead of my spiral into insanity. Ever onwards!

My most recent obsession is the Royals. In the time leading up to the wedding, I was pissed that every news network talked strictly about the upcoming event instead of anything else. Um, pretty sure the world was still going on in that time frame, but sure, I'd love to hear more about the guy who will be washing dishes at the reception. Anyways, I didn't give a royal fuck until the day after, and I came across all the decadent photos of the wedding. Many people don't know this, but I have a little addiction to haute couture. I could match names to faces of almost any model who has been in a magazine and I worship designers like they're gods among men.

The dress killed me. I was so glad it wasn't over-embellished, but tactful and divine. And from the house of Alexander McQueen, one of my absolute favorite designers. Then I see the tiara, and I die again. Kate Middleton probably grew up wanting to be a princess someday, just like every other little girl, and now she actually gets to be one in real life. I can't comprehend how that must feel. I also loved all the little hats they call "fascinators," and I've sworn to myself that one day I will have a plentiful collection of them.

I wish I could have gone to experience and indulge in the euphoria that took place there. England looks like home to me and I hope to move there soon. It's so weird to think about life and plans and where I want to be in a year, in five, in ten. I want to be married like a princess one day. Now, here's my favourite picture of the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment